Electronic Toolbox news
First of all Happy New Year to everybody!
Good news though! Finally Electronic Toolbox 6 is available on the app store and can be updated for free.
The new version contains several improvements and extensions. Here is an excerpt of most of the changes:
- 4″ Retina and iPad Mini support.
- iOS 6 support but still compatible starting from iOS 4.3 and runs on all devices from iPod-Touch, iPhone and iPad devices that run at least iOS 4.3.
- Global Search across all tools and databases.
- New special keyboards for faster hexadecimal and numeric entries.
- New option to add the calculation result screen to a project.
- New option to print the calculation results.
- New setting for switching between metric or imperial units.
- Especially for the US, possibility to switch off the use of ‘U’ for Voltage in the settings.
- Support for E-Series standard values across the whole app for resistors, capacitors and inductors.
- Rearranged and simplified settings screen.
- Indication whether a PDF has or has nor already been downloaded.
- Better optimization of fonts, formulas and images especially for the iPad.
- The Measurements tool has been completely rewritten.
- New Tool: SMD Resistore Code.
- New Tool: Inductor Code.
- New Tool: Formulas for quick search for individual formulas.
- New Tool: Bridge Rectifier.
- New Tool: Toroid Winding.
- New Tool: Transformer.
- New Table: Physical Constants.
- The Voltage regulator Tool now also supports the LM350.
- The LED-Tool now also calculates the resistor power.
- The Filter Tool now also supports Band-Stop filters.
- Improvements of the tools NE555, Reactance, Filter and OpAmp.
- Optimized and nicer Icon display.
- Improved data update mechanism.
- Some error corrections.
Please note that this version now requires at least iOS 4.3. Please do not install if you are using an older iOS version.
Detail information and information on how to use these new features can be found here on creating-your-app.com/etb6.
Finally a big big thank you for your suggestions and support. You helped me and the other users to continuously keep up my work on my app.
Please stay tuned as I am already working on the next version.
If you like this update, please continue to support me be writing or updating your app store review a review is just visible for the current version.
If you find an error or something that is missing or can be improved, please let me know via E-Mail as I can’t respond to app store reviews.
Thanks again and kind regards,