This Update is a new Major Release that includes many changes, improvements and enhancements listed further below.
Due to the huge Installation base of this App, I decided to perform a so called “Phased Release” on the Apple App Store which means that the App will be rolled out slowly over the next seven days but should be finished until next Friday December 15th. So if you don’t see this update, please be patient.
The manual has already been updated and I would recommend having a look to it so get an overview of the many new smaller and larger features.
Dear User, I like to thank you again for all your support, suggestion and positive criticism.
I am happy to be able to address the most received suggestions and requests with this update. I am especially proud to be able to add the Order list feature and integrate the Product Browser from RS Components to this version. Not only that I am personally ordering my parts from RS Components, me and RS Components we are working together for several years now and the ultimate goal was always to include their products to this App.
For this, I had to rewrite and touch major parts of the App and to rewrite the whole Project section which took quite some time.
Even though this update has been tested by many users (thank you!), we may have overseen some bugs.
Please let me know as soon as you can in case you may find a bug because I want to fix it. I am prepared to send out another update before the App Store closes over the holidays in case this would be necessary.
Otherwise I will continue working on the next update.
Thanks again and to all of you who are celebrating Christmas, have a Merry Christmas and all the Best for 2018!
CHANGES OF VERSION 11.10.3:
Several Tools have been improved, based on your suggestions. For instance, the db Tool can now convert values in any direction between dBm, dBW, Vrms, Vpeak, Vpp, dBV, DBmV etc.) and also displays the Formulas used for the calculation.
A few Bugs have been fixed such as the Float bug in the Number System Tool and some others.
■ New Tools:
A new Cross Reference Tool has been added which contains a database of more than 55000 Semiconductors. This tool can be used to lookup replacement parts.
■ New Make Feature:
The Majority of changes took place to the Projects section of the App. The former Projects Tool is now part or a new Make Section of the App which add the following features:
- The Circuit Editor can now be started from this Page
- A new RS Product Browser can be used to find and even order Components or to look up details, specifications and datasheets
- A new Octopart Browser can also be used to lookup components and datasheets.
- Components can be Bookmarked and will end up in a new Bookmark list
- The new Document viewer, which is used for the two new Component Browsers but also for viewing the internal Datasheets and documents, can now be used to store documents local, inside the App by adding these Documents to your Library. The new Library Tool can then be used to view these Documents offline.
- Finally, there is now an Order list Tool, requested by so many of you for a long time. You can now Create orders by either manually adding Parts to it or create an Order list automatically from any Project. An Order List can be exported, printed or conveniently be sent to RS Components so with just a few steps you can get your parts delivered the other day.
■ Rewritten Project Tool:
The Projects Tool itself, which is now called My Projects has also been improved:
- Components, Images, Circuits, Diagrams, Notes and Links are now again separated on different Pages. This makes it easier to maintain larger Projects with many Components or Documents.
- I have removed the possible number of Notes down to two. One on the Main Project Page and another Detail Note. From your feedback, a main and one Detail Note seemed to be more than enough as both can contain an unlimited number of lines.
- Notes can now contain Attributes like Bold, Italic etc.
- The Components view has completely been revised. It is now easier to Jump to a corresponding Tool or to find and add Manufacturer Name and MPN using either the RS Product Browser or Octopart.