As you know, I am working on the new update for quite some time now. I am getting close but ran into the following question for you:
For some of my other Apps, I have mad a change to the Info Pages (the ones that will be displayed when hitting the (i) button in the top right corner). Instead of maintaining these texts individually for each App screen, I put all together to a ‘real’ manual. For the other Apps, some users asked for that. They said that it would be easier for them to look up this manual on another screen (PC or Mac) while working with the App so they can see both side by side. Of course it is still possible to see the corresponding chapter of this manual when hitting the (i) button but there are some pros and cons of both approaches:
- The current solution is available offline from inside the App whereas the manual solution will always need an internet connection even though it can still be used along with the (i) button
- The manual solution can be updated and maintained quicker and easier
- In order to get a complete overview and learn how to use the App in general, the manual solution is better
- The manual solution also provides the possibility to create a PDF which could also be printed
- The manual solution is even available without the App as regular website
- The manual solution is better readable and can contain images and even movies
So there are quite a few advantages of the manual solution which is why users of the other Apps (NetworkToolbox and SmartSDR) appreciate this approach. As it is not possible to offer both solution and since it is quite some work to do to for this change, I would like to ask you for your opinion.
To have a look yourself, here is the NetworkToolbox Manual: http://go-to.me/nettb-manual and the SmartSDR Manual : http://go-to.me/smartsdr-manual
In NetworkToolbox, when hitting the (i) button, you will directly see the corresponding chapter inside the App.
So please let me know your thoughts. Ideally, please use the support button inside my App for your feedback.