Version 8 of Electronic Toolbox and RF-Toolbox available!
As announced, the version 8 of both apps is finally available on the app store.
This was again a bigger update with a lot of new features, tools, bells and whistles and of course, bug fixes.
The most important changes are:
- 64 Bit support
- iPhone 6 and 6 Plus support
- Native iCloud Drive support
- Share Projects between apps on different Devices
- Share Projects between Electronic- and RF-Toolbox
- iOS 8.x support
- Introduction of online Projects
- Introduction of a FAQ
- New Tools
- New Beagle Bone Tool (ETB only)
- New Wheatstone Bridge calculator
- New Truth table / Karnaugh table / logic formula conversion tool (ETB only)
- New Frequency counter tool
- New Logic tool (ETB only)
- Balun Calculator (RF Toolbox only)
So there are now 77 tools in total in Electronic Toolbox and 60 in RF-Toolbox.
Some more details:
- Improved Coil calculation now with single- multi- ferrite-core, Tesla flat and straight wire
- Introduction of scalable formulas. Formulas now look much better throughout the app and not so big anymore.
- The sound Generator can now still run even when leaving the tool
- The sound Generator now has a volume slider
- A double-tap is now necessary to zoom images. No longer accidental image zooming
- In the scope, the scale for FFT is now linear and easier to read
- An FAQ has been introduced for common questions regarding this app.
- Values from the Database tools such as the Transistors tool can now be added to projects and now includes all parameters as it already was for calculation tools
- Bigger selection lists (e.g. for the color selection in the resistors tool)
- Tube 807 pinout added
- Raspberry Pi Model 2 added
All Project maintenance screens have been improved. However, the most important changes here are the support for iCloud Drive and the introduction of Online projects.
iCloud Drive can now be used to keep your projects in sync between your different devices and even between Electronic- and RF-Toolbox. In the past, you had to export and import projects in order to transfer a Project from one Device to another. When switching on iCloud Drive in the app, Projects will automatically synchronized in the background.
- Now global search will work again even when in Icon mode
- Some NTC/PTC tool corrections
- Some corrections inside the Sockets tool
And of course, several bigger and smaller design changes.
This again a quite long list of changes and improvements. However, some of you might miss something you asked me for but that was just one more update and there are more to come over the time. As usual, I am already working on the next update.
Please don’t forget:
As with every update, please don’t forget to rate this app as all previous reviews will disappear with an update.
Also, since there were many changes and even though there was a quite long testing phase, there might be bugs in the app. If you find a bug, just let me know and I will fix it quickly. Promised!
Thank you so much for your great support and suggestions.