Electronic Toolbox Version 13 released
Finally, Version 13 of Electronic Toolbox and RF Toolbox have been released.
With version 13, a lot of changes have been implemented. Several additional parts have been re-coded in Swift 5.0. Along with this, version 13 focuses on improved export capabilities and improved displaying of circuit diagrams inside Tools.
These are the changes of Version 13 in detail:
Additional iOS 13 compatibility
- a new File and PDF Viewer has been implemented
- iOS 13 page sheets are now supported
- and several additional changes to support iOS 13 have been implemented
- The minimal iOS Version requirement is now 10
- Bug fixes in the C-Plate tool
- Bug fix of the Components tool which could only opened once
- Due to the new PDF Reader, data-sheets will now rotate correctly
- Printing from inside the Database tools (e.g. Transistors) now work correctly
- A bug which prevents to import Online projects was fixed (basically an iOS 13 bug)
This tool now also calculates backwards based on the selected E-Series
- 3D Printing Filament types added
- Power over Ethernet POW Classes added
Circuits diagrams in tools
One of the larger improvements is the use of the internal Circuit drawing feature for the tool diagrams. This way, the circuits (e.g. for the OpAmp Tool) benefit from the following improvements:
- Improved drawing quality
- Resistors will now either be displayed in Zig-Zag US or IEEE Style (depending on the country setting)
- Where possible, the circuits now show the calculated component values inside the diagram
- All tools now offer Printing and PDF Exporting which also includes the circuit diagram
- New Setting: “Adjust board to fit” under (File -> Board settings) allows to change the board size to fit the whole circuit so you don’t have to move components around if the board is too small.
- Circuits can now also be printed
- It is now possible to save circuits as PDF or sent them as circuit file via Email from inside the Circuit Editor
Improved File Viewer, Print and export capabilities
Either from inside the tools or from inside the File Viewer, content like the Tool results can now be exported as PDF as local file or printed
- A new Tool SMPS for calculating Flyback Transformers for Switched Mode Power Supplies as been added
- Several images have been re-created in higher quality
- The Formulas tool has also been improved
In case of questions, issues or suggestions, please use the Support button inside the App of the Form on the website.
Thank you so much for your support.
Please let others know if you like this App to keep it going.
Thank you so much!